First a foldable MIDI keyboard, now a travel guitar with a jointed, removable neck so it folds into a case:
Detach this sucker’s neck and you can fit the guitar into a briefcase, not to mention terrify your friends. (Oh, for the love of God, you broke your guitar!) Bonus: heightened terror alerts won’t make people think you’re carrying a gun. They make a similar model called the Road-Runner.
But while we’re at it, what else could you put in your mobile guitar studio carry bag? Here are a few suggestions from CDM posts past:
- Vox DA5 miniature practice amp (see comments for similar models)
- Fender keychain pocket tuner
- iPod Nano with iRocker pocket tuner, metronome, virtual chord book, fingerings, and scales
- Treo running miniMusic software for scoring, composing, beats
- Laptop running Guitar Rig 2, made easier by Guitar Rig’s bundled, compact interface/foot pedal combo. And soon, Intel MacBooks should be supported
Guitar and bass players, what’s in your bag?
Updated: Kevin of the Nettles sends us details of his rig, with some terrific tips for an all-in-one music rig for the road.