Louie Iturzaeta writes to say PSP Rhythm has now hit version 6.0 with lots of new features. It’s pretty incredible to watch this application grow. I know we have some readers using this, so here’s what’s new:
- New user interface with programming grid, graphical knobs for parameters, oscilloscope.
- Sample Loading from Pattern Mode with up to 1000 sample folders with 1000 samples each.
- New skin format and support for up to 1000 skins.
- Mute/Solo function.
- Export Pattern and load it back as a sample.
- Bass Line synth reprogrammed.
- Time Stretch Effect.
- High Pass Filter Effect.
- Lots of bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Here’s the new UI, which has a definite hardware feel to it:
Of course, if you don’t like that skin, you can download or make your own. This is a PSP Rhythm 5 skin, but I enjoy the reference to FL Studio for Windows. It’s like Fruity Loops to go:
PSP Rhythm users, there’s a song writing contest on; you can win a memory stick, but, more importantly, gobs of pride. Whether you win or not, we’d love to hear your entries here on CDM, too.
PSP Rhythm is having a song contest and the top 3 song entries will win a 1gb SanDisk Pro Duo memory stick.
1. Your song must be created with PSP Rhythm 6.0.
2. You can submit as many songs as you like but can only win one prize.
3. You must include your samples and bank file.
1. Using Effects
2. Using the Bass Line Synthesizer
3. Using Extended Mode
Submit your song to email@example.com before August 31st.
In our effort to give back to the PSP homebrew community we are using all the donations received for our project to sponsor this contest.
Louie and Billy Iturzaeta