Everything’s coming up soundflowers over at Cycling ’74:
- Max/MSP/Jitter Free Upgrades, Now Universal: Max/MSP 4.6 and Jitter 1.6 are available as a free update for Max/MSP 4.5 and Jitter 1.5 users, respectively. (The beta is over; this is the final version.) In addition to various new features and fixes, the software is Mac Intel native. This makes it a must-download for Intel and PowerPC Mac users alike. Download for Max and Jitter, then check out a growing directory of Universal-native external objects.
- Max/MSP/Jitter for Windows: There are many tasty little improvements in 4.6/1.6 aside from Intel Mac compatibility, so a lot of us are anxiously awaiting the Windows counterparts of these upgrades; Cycling says they’re coming “soon.” If we’re really lucky, they’ll do another public beta. Stay tuned.
- Soundflower Now Works Right! Many of us — myself included — were disappointed to discover that an update to Cycling’s free Mac sound-routing utility Soundflower, including improved functionality and Intel Mac compatibility, didn’t actually work. Cycling has updated the software, and now it installs and works perfectly (so far; let us know if you experience something different). Go download it; it’s free.
- Re-Route Audio, Record Skype, iTunes on Cell Phones: Soundflower, Now on Intel Macs
- Max/MSP/Jitter 4.6 Hits Beta, with Intel Native Support
- Jamie Lidell on Max/MSP, Artists Talk Max Inspiration, Write Musical Odes to Max
- WhatÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬™s New and Cool in Jitter 1.6: OpenGL 3D and Video Goodies, More [Create Digital Motion, demonstrating why PowerPC Mac and Windows users should be excited, too]