Yamaha has revealed its upcoming products to be shown at the NAMM show later this month:
- New keyboard integration with Steinberg and Arturia software
- Motif XS and MM6 synths, based on the MO series
- New MIDI/USB controllers and USB MIDI adapters from CME, plus an expanded wireless line (though we’re still waiting on the existing wireless hardware to ship from CME)
- New PSR and EZ series portable keyboards and DD drum kits
- A new music lab for schools
- 500-watt compact PA
A couple of interesting items here. CME has had plenty of surprises when it comes to MIDI hardware, some hits and some not. New synths are nice, as well.
Also on the NAMM radar, M-Audio are promising new stuff, including their Torq DJ line, and if Apple announces an update to Logic or anything else music-related, I’d expect they’ll do it at NAMM rather than at Macworld following past tradition.
I know some of you have made New Years Resolutions not to be distracted by new gear, so I’ll trust you to ignore those stories. Those of you who are researching purchases, though, or are just curious know you can rely on CDM.