Our friend Marc (“M-.-n”) writes to let us know version 1.0 of music tracker (think alternative sequencer / music making tool) LittleGPTracker is here, with quite a lot in the way of new features. As always, the banner feature of LGPT is its ability to run on the open, Linux-based GamePark mobile game console, making it an ideal choice for tracking on the go. But it runs on Mac, Windows, and Linux desktop systems, too, with features enhanced in this release. The list from Marc:
- Sample library & import support
- Groove support for odd time signature
- Debian build & JACK support
- Allows creation of project from the program itself
- new Feedback parameters at the instrument level
- new Looper Sync looping mode for automatic looping on the current tempo
- Engine optimization
- New rendering system allowing to render directly from the application
- either the mixdown or the 8 separated tracks.
- External joystick control on all platforms
Debian build, eh, with JACK? Have to try this on the Ubuntu Studio system I just installed. For your viewing enjoyment, here’s Patric C and M-.-n playing with 2 GP2x, each running LGPT.